GOD DELIGHTS IN THE GIVER
“Let each one [give] as he has made up his own mind and purposed in his heart, not reluctantly or sorrowfully or under compulsion, for God loves (He takes pleasure in, prizes above other things, and is unwilling to abandon or to do without) a cheerful (joyous, “prompt to do it”) giver [whose heart is in his giving].” 2 Corinthians 9:7 AMPC
Giving is at the very core of our Christian faith. It’s practically impossible to discuss Christianity without discussing giving. There will be no Christianity without giving.
‘For God so loved the world that He gave’ is the basis for our faith.
As such, any Christianity without giving is a phony!
The definitive mark of the Christian life is giving. It is a testament to our salvation and a reflection of our Christian growth.
What God gave is the reason Satan lost all he had. You must understand why he’s so antagonistic of giving believers. One key way to enforce the victory of Jesus over Satan is by giving.
As such, the enemy will do all he can to dissuade the church from this powerful principle.
Paul laid down what I call the Five(5) basic rules for giving here in this verse;
- Give as you have purposed on your heart, not as you were cajoled or coerced to give. This purpose goes beyond just deciding on a figure. It’s receiving a giving assignment from the Lord.
- Do not give with reluctance, sorrow or under compulsion.
- Give promptly! Don’t hesitate, don’t delay. Prioritize your giving over your spending. For example, tithe your income before you spend it. Tithe immediately you get your income. Separate your givings. Don’t give God left overs. Be deliberate about it.
- Give joyfully and cheerfully. It’s your nature to give so be you!
- Put your heart in your giving. Let your giving be valuable enough to matter to you. Don’t give peanuts that don’t matter to you.
Until you tick all five boxes, you aren’t giving. You’re simply donating.
But here’s the big blessing. See what Paul said about the man who gives this way, “God loves (He takes pleasure in, prizes above other things, and is unwilling to abandon or to do without)”
Oh dear! I read this and the anointing wells up within me. God takes personal interest in the giver. God loves, delights in, and then comes the big one, He prizes above other things and is unwilling to abandon or do without the giver!
Does my giving matter so much to God? Absolutely! It does for in giving we are most like our Father who gave His all for us.
Dear Father, i thank you for the revelation of giving that has come to me today. I give with joy in my heart, as a prompt to do it giver whose heart is in his giving. I give wholeheartedly to the things of God and to the expansion of His kingdom, in Jesus’ Name, Amen.
1 YEAR BIBLE READING